||Registration and Breakfast |
||Chairman's opening remarks |
Jonathan Grange, Broker, Vicorus
Unique world grain outlook
Featuring original, current research from leading grain and oilseed trader experts from the five key grain origination regions of the Black Sea, North American, European Union, South American and Australian markets. The opening session will provide in-depth analysis of the global supply outlook covering all price drivers and forecasts in the coming year, providing you with unbeatable trader perspective information to take away.
The assumptions and forecasts of the five experts will be tested and challenged by moderator: Sterling Liddell, V.P. Food and Agribusiness Research, Rabobank
Dave Hightower , President, The Hightower Report
Christelle Tailhardat, Trader, Granit Negoce
Thorsten Thiedmann, Executive General Manager - Global Trade, Toepfer
Brandon Scott Crozier, CEO, Nidera Brazil
Sean Cowman, Regional Marketing Manager - Middle East & Africa, CBH Group
||Coffee and Networking sponsored by |
||Unique world grain outlook continued |
||Lunch sponsored by |
||How will China drive agribusiness? |
Alain Butler, Senior Advisor Soft Commodities, BNP Paribas
- The perspective of China seen from global markets
- The dynamic from inside a civilisation-state
- A path to a new way for grain exporters
||The future of grain in Libya: Analysing the opportunities and challenges associated with this|
With Libya almost entirely dependent on wheat imports due to its large consumption per capita it is an important market for grain imports from the black sea and other key producing regions. With the current government making feeding the people a priority imports are likely to increase. This presentation will give the audience an introduction to some of the opportunities as well as the challenges with exporting grain to Libya
Dr. Naser Gadad, CEO, Al Sahl Holding Group, Animal Feed
||Coffee and networking sponsored by |
||Risk management panel: What strategies can producers, traders and buyers use to reduce risk?|
- What are the latest developments in risk management techniques?
- What challenges do agribusiness and food companies face when procuring commodities?
- How are traders managing risk during times of volatility?
- What type of risk transfer solutions are available to cover the entire agribusiness supply chain?
Moderator: Graham Trask, Managing Director, Fixed Income, Currencies & Commodities, Macquarie Bank
Bernard Belk, Global Head Food & Agriculture, Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
Kim Benni, Head of Risk Management, Vivescia
Paul Dubravec, Vice-President/Commodity Merchandising Risk Management, Advance Trading
Ivan O’Toole, Managing Director Europe, Just Commodity
||Ocean freight: Dry Bulk freight market fundamentals |
- Reduction of capacity and saving fuel costs
- How are freight firms adapting strategy to cope with a tough environment?
- Have things begun to improve in the last 12 months?
Peter Kerr-Dineen, Chairman, Howe Robinson
||Close of conference followed by champagne cocktail reception |